Marriage. Parenting. Vocation. Government. Those are the primary foundations of our society. When they are healthy, society is healthy. Unfortunately, the United States is not doing well.
According to a major study released by The Wall Street Journal:
- 43% of children are living without their father's involvement
- 42% of marriages are ending in divorce
- Among young adults, 43% placed a high value on having children (down 16 points from 1998)
- While unemployment is at an all-time low, many people do not perceive their work as a calling or vocation as much as it is a means to provide their needs & wants
- Government has become the source of great hostility and importance. The greatest source of power in the U.S. today is believed to be the government: executive, judicial, and legislative branches. Those positions are deemed some of the most coveted positions of power and the most influential in the world.
Throughout the month of September, we're going to look at what the Bible says about these four foundations of our society. We're going to be challenged to return to both a Biblical understanding and practice of these four fundamentals.
Join us each Sunday in September and learn how Divine Love can save and bless our marriages, parenting, vocations, and government.
If you're new to Living Hope, you are welcome here. Go to our I'm New page and find out everything you need to know before you arrive on Sunday morning. We can't wait to meet you and hear your story.
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we just typed a bunch of meaningless sentences.
Kids and parents have a critical role to play in the home. It is important that love be the guiding principal in the relationship between parents and children. Fathers have a unique and vital responsibility in setting the tone.
God gifts and calls people to different places of work and positions in that work. It is vital that Christians see their work as being for the Lord.
Because of sin, the world is complicated. God has graciously given people with leadership gifts and vision to provide structures for society through governmental authority.